Wednesday 18 April 2012

My favourite.....

So I'm not going to lie....this has been my favourite mixed-media crayon art with acrylics creation that I've done.  I wish I had taken pictures of it as it was a work in progress...but alas, I did not (my apologies!).

I actually didn't really choose these coloured crayons per se.  I got umm...stuck with them instead.  They were sort of left at the bottom of the barrel and were the last ones in the crayon box....so....they were used....but luckily, they worked out perfectly!

So I took the usual route...I sketched out my dancing girls, glued my crayons onto the canvas and busted out my handy dandy hair dryer.   I melted my crayons and then took my black acrylic paint and began to paint.  Now, I was cursing this piece at one point (being the perfectionist that I am...)...luckily it was just me and my artwork home that day.....See that little line that is now the letter "A" in my signature?  That wasn't originally an "A."  Let's just say the phone rang, it startled me, I wasn't paying attention....and the brush created a stroke I didn't originally have sketched out....

But here is the final product.  It is currently hanging up at work by my desk (it's my fave piece!!).  I like to think of it as "...dance like nobody's listening..."

Enjoy!




A.A.

2 comments:

  1. I am very excited to try this melted crayon art!!!!! I bought several boxes of crayons at the dollar store the other day! Can't wait to try it. Yours look AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!! Aww! Thanks! I buy lots of crayons these days!!! I LOVE doing this art!

    ReplyDelete