Wednesday 25 April 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

So here is the newest creation I have made....
Happy Birthday Dad!
I actually had this done over a week ago..but I haven't been able to put it up and show it off until today in fear of my dad getting ahold of this link.....I just couldn't chance it.....

My dad loves crocodiles....but do you know how difficult it is to find anything with a crocodile theme?  It's ridiculously difficult....So...I made him something with his beloved crockie on it.

I had to use a bit of a template for this in fear of screwing up.....

What do you need to create something like this? 1. Pillowcase. Fabric markers. Fabric Paint.

First I used my fabric paint (in black) for the outline of the letters and the outline of the crocodile.  Then I waited a day and busted out the fabric markers to colour.  Always make sure you have some sort of thick material (like a cardboard) between the pillow so that the markers don't bleed through to the other side...also, that way it's absorbed into the cardboard itself.  Although fabric markers are similar to a real marker, you don't need to go over the coloured area over and over again.  Instead, do a thin layer of colouring, then let it sit, then colour another light layer, then let it sit again.  If you colour it over and over again without a bit of sitting time between colouring, it will bleed and spread.  Also, I would recommend not "winging it," but having a sketch or design that you can put underneath the pillow and trace (unless you are ridiculously confident).

Here's partway through the progress....


Voila!  Final product!


And here's what it actually looks like with a pillow in it.....



A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment