Saturday 5 May 2012

If I survive this shin-dig...

Here's the second creation I made for my Nanny & Pappy's 50th shin-dig (now here's to hoping I survive it!).  I have to admit though......I'm not happy with it and am still considering destroying it instead of letting it make it's appearance for tonight.......

I hoped this one would work out a lot better....I actually took my naked canvas and taped the number 50 on it (hoping the crayons would drip over it and that when I peeled away the tape, I would have this white number 50...no dice.....it didn't matter that the tape was stuck close to the canvas...the crayons decided to be a hassle, have a mind of their own, and drip underneath the tape anyways.....Of course.....Why wouldn't it, right?)  Oh well.....

I decided to fix some of my "unhappiness" by painting the 50 in bold black acrylic paint.

Here's the finished product.  I sprayed gold glitter and varnish overtop (you can't see the glitter in the picture!  I swear it's there though!).  And....... it's ready for the festivities tonight.  Wish I could say I'm happy with it....but I'm not....


Being a perfectionist means you really are your own worst enemy.

A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment