Thursday 26 December 2013

I finally got to some painting….

Well, I finally got some painting done!  My niece loves owls…so I decided to paint a couple of cute little owls for part of her Christmas present!

Materials needed:
  • Gesso
  • Canvas
  • Pencil/eraser
  • Acrylic paints
  • Paint brushes
  • Water
  • Paper towel
The method to my madness:

It's the usual steps to creating any type of acrylic painting….

  1. First, I primed the canvas with a little gesso.
  2. After the canvas had set for 24 hours, I sketched my little owls onto the canvas.
  3. Then, I painted the owls and let them dry.
  4. Lastly, I completed the touchups.  
Here they are!  I hope she likes them!

One little owl…
The second little owl…
Both little owls, side by side.

Have a great day!

A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment