Plus, I needed a good stress reliever and what better form of relaxation than art!
I got the button art idea from Pinterest and loved the way it looked, so I decided to give it a shot.
Plus, I love those "Advice from a..." posters/art I have seen online. They're full of great wisdom and advice! They've got all different ones...like "Advice from a Rainbow"..."Advice from a Stream," etc. So I put the two together and added some paint to jazz it up a little more.
These are the materials you need for this mixed-media creation:
-Buttons (green in this case) - you can get a whole wack of whatever colour you want from Dollartree for $1! They are amazing!
-Paintbrushes in a variety of sizes and shapes
-Hot glue gun & glue sticks
-Words of wisdom
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to create something similar:
1. Sketch out your creation on the canvas.
2. Start painting (I usually start with the sky first because it's the lighter of the colours.
3. Always add the words of wisdom last.
4. Once it's dry, place the buttons on the skeleton of the tree. I placed all of mine first and then glued them on because it's all about looking right...and trust me, there were many buttons I had originally placed on this tree that I had to remove because they just didn't look right!
5. Once it's dry, remove all the hot glue strings (this takes a while, and to be honest, I needed to bust out my tweezers to get a number of small strings removed...).
Here's how my tree looked as it progressed (yes, I did remember to take pictures this time!).....
And here is my final product!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!