Sunday 16 December 2012

Easy Peasy Christmas Gift

So I'm posting this one up here before Christmas because my Grandma is almost 90 years old, she doesn't own a cell phone, nor does she own a computer.  So I know I'm safe and she won't see her gift before Christmas.

I've always seen those DIY Christmas bulbs...but I had never made any myself...so...while they were 50% off....I figured what the heck!  I'd use them between this year and next for sure!

So I bought the small, clear, glass, heart-shaped bulbs, and the large round ones as well.  Why not, right?

All you need is: Acrylic paint, clear Christmas bulbs, and a Sharpie.

First, take off the top of the bulb.  Start by slowly squeezing a few drops of the paint into the bulb. Move the bulb if you like so that the paint spreads.  It's up to you.  I know there are a lot of different techniques you can use for this particular craft.  I like experimenting though and finding out for myself....Once you're satisfied, begin squeezing other colours of paint into the bulb and rotate the bulb around so that the paint spreads.  Once you're happy with how it looks, it needs to sit (without the bulb cap on) for several days.  Mine took almost a week to dry out.  I also had to tip it upside down to dump extra paint out (I went a little paint "happy" - oops!).

This is what it looks like near the beginning....



Once the bulbs were dry, I just added a couple of little words with my Sharpie.  I had planned on putting some glittery snowflakes I used to have....but I've misplaced them....Oops.....

This is the final product!


Easy, right?!

A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment