Friday 14 September 2012

Okay...I didn't do this but...I "supervised"

So my good friend Sarah asked me to help out with this project for her sister's nursery.  Of course I was more than happy to help out!  Woohoo!  Crayon art!!!

I didn't actually create it.  Sarah is the artist of this piece.  I provided directions/suggestions.  I got to be the supervisor.....lol.

First Sarah drew the uber cute elephant onto the canvas and wrote the baby's name.

Next we chose the crayons she wanted for this particular piece and arranged the them.  Sarah chose 2 different shades of each colour and put a black crayon on each end.  I absolutely love the colour choice!

Then we glued the crayons in place and busted out the hair dryer.

The next step was melting the crayons.

After we let the melted crayons sit for a minute, the final step was painting the elephant and the upcoming baby's name onto the canvas.

And this is the final beautiful product!
Well done Sarah!  Looks fantastic!  Drew will LOVE it!!!!!


A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment