Sunday 10 June 2012

I've wanted to post this for a while but couldn't...

Because the baby shower wasn't until today!

I created another mixed-media canvas for a good friend of mine who is having a little boy in August!  Her nursery theme is sports and dogs.....so....I stuck out the sport theme and chose a few different piece of sports equipment to incorporate in the piece (oh yeah, her colours are a beige and baby blue - so cute!).  I actually had a second painting started (to match her theme)....but I didn't like it...so I stopped and destroyed it...here's what I had of it so far...


But it didn't survive....I hated how it looked...so I destroyed it....(sorry Erin!)

So here is how it started out....

First, I sketched the pieces of sports equipment onto the canvas....Then, I took the small pieces of crayons that I wanted to use and glued them on like so:


Again, I can't emphasize enough that you make sure you've lined the area you're working in with newspapers and paper bags...just in case someone distracts you while you're melting the crayons with a hair dryer...

Next, I busted out the acrylics and began to paint:


And here is the final product!  I always use a matte varnish to spray overtop of the painting (just in case!):


A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment